Wednesday, May 18, 2005

They GET It!

Those of you who read here regularly, or who watch the Raven-Cam, know that the puppies got a litter box in their pen about a week ago. It is a plastic box which is actually sold as a doggie litter box. It is very similar in shape to the bottom half of a plastic dog kennel. I fill it with a commercial puppy litter called Second Nature Litter. This is the second litter I have used this with and I continue to be amazed.

When I first put it in they do nothing but play in it. Aliy's kids even ate a lot of it, to the point where several made themselves throw up the first day it was in the pen. I almost removed it at that point. I'm glad I didn't.

The next stage is where instead of just playing in it, they occasionally go potty in it.

And now we are at Stage 3... where they almost always use it when they have to go. I woke up this morning and the litter box had about 6 poops in it and there was no trace of anything on the floor!! Yeah!!!

How do they figure this out??? One of the many mysteries of puppyhood.

6 week (can you believe it) portraits will be posted later today!!