Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A New Play Pen for the Puppies

The puppies are no longer living in a whelping box!

I'm going to be going away this weekend and my husband will be taking care of the puppies. He's been great about helping out with this litter this whole time, but having him watch them this weekend AND the following four weekends is a BIG favor to ask, so I'm trying to make things as easy for him as possible.

One of the things that makes life easier is setting the pups up in the ex-pen instead of the whelping box. So I did that this morning:


The pen is bigger than the whelping box, and the sides are higher, so I had to move the Raven-Cam to get better view. You can't see the whole pen but it's not too bad:


View from the Raven-Cam at 3:11 PM MT

While I set up the ex-pen the pups spent time out on the deck. They cornered Ravan as she came in from the yard and, good mom that she is, she let them nurse for about 5 minutes while she just stood still:


Then it was nap time:



Birthday portraits tomorrow!