Friday, April 29, 2005

Babe's New Buddy

I really hope that someone out there was watching the Raven-Cam this afternoon when Babe finally had an opportunity to investigate the puppies. It would be a shame if I'm the only one who saw it.

Although Raven has been pretty easy going about letting her sister, Aliy, and her mom, Kachina, in to see the puppies, and she has not minded Kira hanging around the whelping box, she has also made it very clear the puppies belong to HER... and the other dogs, to varying degress have been very respectful of that. As far as Babe goes, she has pretty much containedherself to watching the goings on from afar. But today, Raven was outside for several hours and Babe was inside, so Babe took the opportunity to get to know her cousins.

It may be the cutest thing I have EVER seen.

Babe got into the whelping box and thoroughly sniffed every puppy from head to toe. Several times. At some point Green Boy decided this big dog that was not his mother was kind of interesting so he started following her around as she did her sniff examinations. And then he got very brave and started sniffing her back. And then he got REALLY brave and started batting at her face as if tryign to get her to play. It was absolutely adorable. Babe didn't know what to do!

I am so glad I got to see this interaction between my 3 week old puppy and my 9 month old puppy, its one of those puppy memories I know I will never forget... right up there with when Aliy and Raven were about 7 weeks old and one of them climbed up onto then 9 month old Pumpkin, who was on her back playig with them, and fell asleep on her chest.