Monday, May 16, 2005

And The Winner Is......

Black Girl!!

What did she win?

The Ears Up First contest. According to my husband when he got up Sunday morning one ear was up. I'll have a picture tomorrow!

It was hard being away from the puppies all weekend. I was really surprised how excited they were to see me last night when I got in about 2 AM. They jumped all over me and cried and howled - it was just precious. I have to say this litter is EXTREMELY people oriented. I've alway had very friendly puppies, but these guys are over the top. But then, Mama Raven is the original love sponge. This is a dog who would climb onto strangers laps at dog shows....

The puppies spent the day on the deck and this afternoon I took a break from work and just went out and sat on the deck with them. They swarmed all over me crawling in my lap and just licking and pawing at me. Of course there was some amount of chewing on my pants, t-shirt and shoes, but most of their attention was on ME.

The Name Game

Time to start thinking of names.... as always I never require the people who get one of my puppies to name the puppy anything specific, but I always like to suggest a theme... Boom'rs litter was the Tony Hillerman litter with 3 of the 5 puppies named after Hillerman books. Kachina's litter was the sled race litter, with all 6 puppies named after sled races. Aliy's litter was the female athlete litter with all 4 girls named after great female sports stars.

Raven's litter is the "Beyond" litter. Grandmother Reba's name is CH T-Snow Star's Above and Beyond BIS. Daddy Riggs is CH T-Snow Star's Tak'n It Beyond BISS. I thought it would be fun to put "Beyond" in the puppies names to carry on the tradition. I have two names picked out for my puppy, one for if I keep a boy and one for if I keep a girl.

My two names are... for a boy: WhiteStar's Beyond Thunderdome - call name Max (get it... daddy Riggs is named after the Mel Gibson character in the Lethal Weapon movies... Beyond Thunderdome and Mad Max are other Mel Gibson movies....)

For a girl: WhiteStar's One Step Beyond - call name Rio. In a rare move for me there is absolutely NO connection between the registered name and the call name..... I just really wanted to have a name starting with "R" in honor of mama Raven and daddy Riggs.

Now I need some other suggestions to give to new owners. Any ideas?