Friday, May 27, 2005

Pigs Not Puppies!

The puppies are now eating 4+ cups of food 3 times a day.


Clockwise from Black Girl on the left...

Black Girl, Purple Boy, Green Boy, Red Boy, Yellow Girl with a spot of sunshine on her butt!

Decisions Decisions

Those of you checking in on the puppies via the Raven-cam tonight might notice the puppies are sporting extra colored spots tonight. This has to do with the entry I made earlier today.

In the comments, Danielle asked me to fill everyone in on which pups I'm trying to decide between. I was serious when I said I have NO IDEA yet.

So this evening before dinner my husband and I took all the pups outside to the street (we live on a rural dirt courtyard with only three houses) so we could really see them running around. Since, as I have mentioned before, these pups all really look a lot alike I wanted to mark them clearly so that if I saw a really good front or nice sidegait I'd know which puppy I was looking at. So they all got "painted up" on their heads, butts and each side. They looked like little go-karts running around out there. (Yes I SHOULD have gotten pictures....) For a change it was very easy to know who was whatever direction they were headed!

Did this little exercise help my decision making process? A little. Not much.

According to Pat Hastings, I should not be looking at them (as far as choosing a puppy goes) for another 5 days ("8 weeks" she says, "Only at 8 weeks!!") but we all do it. And even then she says it's all about structure, what you feel, not what you see.

Here's the situation... I think I probably should keep a boy. But anyone who knows me or has visited my website knows I LOVE THE GIRLS!!

There is at least one thing that each puppy has that is better than any of the others. That is what is making this SO HARD!

Stay tuned and watch me suffer over the next two weeks....