Sunday, April 03, 2005

Where's The Raven-Cam??

7 am temp: 99.5
noon temp: 99.6

The Raven-Cam is temporarily down. In fact my entire internet connection is down.

I have this weird wireless "high speed" internet service. I live in the middle of nowhere and don't have any choice, it's either really slow dial up, really expensive sattelite or this. My ISP has a big tower about 12 miles away from where I live that relays a signal to towers on top of people houses. Some piece of that relay is down and they don't know when it will be back up again. "Maybe tomorrow." was the last I heard.

When this happpened a few months ago it took about 4 days to fix.

Why so long?

Because the tower that was down was on a guys house about a mile from me. He had gone on vacation and the ISP didn't have any way to get into his house and reset the server that controlled the tower. Pretty silly isn't it?

So I drove into my office and am writing this from there. As soon as I'm done I'm going to try to download some software that will allow me to dial in from home so I can at least make some updates to the blog.

Yes, this software should already be on my PC. BUT... I lost the hard drive about a month and half ago and never got around to putting it back on. I should know better than to put stuff like that off.

Those of you who were hoping to see puppies being born on the Raven-Cam don't give up hope. I STILL say Tuesday or Wednesday....