Friday, April 01, 2005

Surprise!

7 am temp: 99.5
noon temp: 97.5

Uhhhh.. WHAT is that temperature???

Well even though I was convinced that Raven would have her puppies early next week, it appears she may have other plans. As of 1 PM MT her temperature has dropped to 97.5.

Why was I convinced? Family History. Kachina had her puppies, 58 days from her first breeding, 60 days from the last breeding. Aliy had her puppies 60 days from frist breeding, 65 days from the last breeding.Kachina is Raven's mother and Aliy is Raven's litter sister.

Raven is currently at only 54 days from the last breeding and 57 days from the first natural breeding.

When Raven's mother's temp went this low, I had 6 puppies within 8 hours. When her sister's temp went this low, I had 4 puppies 24 hours later.

Although I hadn't planned to put it up until Sunday, I did some scrambling and the Raven-Cam is live. My guess is that you may experience some delays as lots of people may be hitting it at once when they know it's up. Just keep trying :)



I'll keep you all posted!