Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Raven's BIG Day

7 am temp: 99.2
7 pm temp: 99.7


Raven's day started off pretty much like any other day. Up at 5:30, breakfast at 5:35, out at 5:45, in at 5:50 etc...

At around noon I realized she was missing.... I thought I had a good idea where she was and I was right.

She was in a hole in the yard. Not just any hole but the one she has picked out as The Spot where she thinks she's going to have her puppies.

WRONG!

I'll put up pictures of Raven's "den" tomorrow.

In the meantime here's how Raven spent her afternoon.

First she got a bath. That is her on the table at the dog wash at The Natural Pet Market in town.

Then she got a chiropractic adjustment....


Raven and Dr. Johnson.

Then she got an x-ray!


Raven on the x-ray table.


What did the x-ray show?

When the tech first put it up on the viewer she said "One. I see one." I'm thinking "One? ONE? She's gained EIGHT POUNDS. Oh. My. God. What is it, a 4 pound puppy??? How will she ever get it out?!?!?" Then the vet said he though he saw "Maybe two".

Becuase the x-ray was so light, they decided to take a second film.

Here it is :)


Raven's babies!!

I numbered the heads. And you can clearly see, even in this picture, two spines. In "real life" you can easily see 3 spines with a 4th being a good possibility. The vet said he was SURE there were 3 and almost positive there were 4 and quite possibly 5!!

My bet has been on 5 all along. My husband says 4.